Friday, March 20, 2009

Steve's Weight Loss Update


This week the weight loss started last Sunday morning after the 3-mile jog down to the outlet mall and back. Not much extra exercise the rest of the week. Both the moving average and the daily weight are at 210. That's a full 13 pounds lost since January. Have come a long way, still much farther to go.

I notice I do better when I know how far is left to go compared to how far I've gone. It's not so much "are we there yet?" as it is "is the target getting noticably closer?" We train to finish the race, to finish the course, not just to be on it. The target was to weigh 180 or less by the end of 2009. At the rate I am going, I could reach this goal by October!
Another reason to keep going: My friend Marc had by-pass surgery in his heart this week. His heart arteries were 95% blocked. See the prayer requests on Avails Much for more information. He had been walking a lot but may not have been keeping up with it this winter due to the cold weather and snow in Minnesota. I am carrying more pounds that he was, so need to get down to healthy weight and stay there.
Well, have a great day and may you finish your race with joy and peace.
Love, Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment