Thursday, May 14, 2009

Uncle John Cacavas

Hello! I wanted you all to see the picture of my mom and her Greek cousin (his dad and my mom's dad were brothers) who I had never met before this past Greek Easter. Don't they have some similar features! They call him chefas (which means outcast!) because he was considered an outcast from the Cacavas family. He told us the whole story which is fascinating. So that explains why I had never met him! They have lived in St. Pete Beach in a gorgeous home on the water for 45 years. He made his money by starting a pizza parlor in Ohio and selling it at its peak. He has multiple health problems and wasn't able to make the trip for the wedding. Their daughter would have had to bring them and had a conflict. I hope to have them over here sometime in the future.

Kathi

No comments:

Post a Comment