Friday, April 17, 2009

Blog Quarterly Report

Last year it came to me that we should start a family blog. At the beginning of the year we were able to start this blog and now two others "Avials Much" and "Meleconomic Encouragment." After dozens of posts to these blogs, I thought I might share what going well and what has failed to meet my expectations.

Going Well:
  • The links allow us to jump to other family member blogs easily to read and provide comments;
  • The prayer requests on Avails Much have generally been answered to our great joy as God shows Himself to be true to His Word;
  • Some family members are reading the blogs regularly and even providing comments and encouragement;
  • Several business associates are reading Meleconomic Encouragement and encouraging me to continue;
  • Several others are providing posts, particularly for Meleconomic Encouragement;
  • The weekly weight loss reports have kept me focused on my goals there; and,
  • Appartently we have few (very small number) at this point of readers who stumbled onto the site without being invited, and one has provided a comment.

What has failed to meet my expections:

  • We are getting very few posts from familiy members. I had hoped this could become kind of a family blog to share what's happening with our family scattered as it is. But it is hard to compete with Face Book for that, I guess.
  • We have not yet started any "family projects" which I had envisioned would be creative multi-media works we could share on the Blog. The small exception to this are the several motivational posts on Meleconomic Encouragement.
  • It has not been as easy as it should be for my mom and some other family members to access the blogs regularly.

Well, I guess I need to make a "GRAM" and get going on a project or two myself. If you don't know what GRAM is, check Meleconomic Encouragement and scroll down through the historical posts until you find it. It is a quick read!

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment